Top Current Affairs For Preparing Government Jobs 17 June 2017
- 1st X-ray Space Telescope to study black holes launched by – China
- 50-MW solar PV plant in Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh by – Adani Group
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2017 observed on – 15th June 2017
Current Affairs 17th June 2017 – Details
1st X-ray Space Telescope to study black holes launched by – China
China launched its first X-ray Space Telescope named ‘Insight’ to study black holes, pulsars and gamma-ray bursts successfully on 15th June 2017. This Hard X-ray Modulation Telescope (HXMT) was carried into orbit from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China’s Gobi Desert by Long March-4B rocket.
- The 2.5-tonne telescope will allow Chinese scientists to observe the interiors of pulsars and magnetic fields for better understanding of the evolution of black holes.
- It will also help scientists to search the bursting of gamma rays against the waves due to gravity and to study how pulsars can be used for spacecraft navigation.
- Insight is more capable of finding neutron stars and black holes emitting bright X-rays than other space telescopes as it has a broader detection area and a larger energy range making it easier to scan the galaxy.
- This Hard X-ray Modulation Telescope carries three x-ray telescopes to observe at energies ranging from 20 kilo electron volts to 200 kilo-electron volts as well as an instrument to monitor the space environment.
- While orbiting 550 kilometers above the planet over an operating lifetime of 4 years approximately, the HXMT will perform an all-sky survey to discover a thousand x-ray sources.
50-MW solar PV plant in Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh by – Adani Group
Infrastructure conglomerate Adani Group announced commissioning of a 50 megawatts (MW) solar photovoltaic (PV) plant in Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh in the second week of June 2017.
The plant has been set up under the National Solar Mission Scheme with an investment of Rs. 315 crore.
- The plant will be using String Inverter Technology with crystalline silicon modules allowing miniature level control of solar power generation.
- Power generated by the plant will be transmitted via 21.5 km long transmission line with voltage of 132 kilovolts, connecting with UP Power Transmission Corporation’s (UPTCL) Mahoba Substation, as stated in NTPC agreement.
- The project is expected to create direct and indirect employment for 250 people approximately.
- The Mahoba plant adds to Adani Group’s growing solar power portfolio which includes a 40 MW solar plant at Bitta, Gujarat, 100 MW solar power plant in Bhatinda, Punjab, and the recently unveiled 648 MW solar power plant in the Ramanathapuram district, Tamil Nadu. With these, Adani Group’s total solar energy capacity goes upto 838 MW.
Do you know?
Solar power plant in the Ramanathapuram district, Tamil Nadu is the world’s largest solar power plant at a single location.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2017 observed on – 15th June 2017
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day was observed globally on 15th June 2017 to voice against abuse and suffering inflicted on older people with the theme of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is “Understand and End Financial Abuse of Older People: A Human Rights Issue”.
Main Objectives of the session:
Material abuse of older persons and Framing financial exploitation within the context of human rights;
Promote research across countries to identify the scale and severity of financial exploitation and its affects on older people, their families, communities and countries in order to raise mass awareness and to inform appropriate responses;
- Elder Abuse in India
As per a study titled How India Treats its Elderly – HelpAge India conducted A National Study that says around 44% of the people surveyed stated that they were treated badly in public.
- 53% believed that Indian society has the problem of discrimination against elderly people.
- In Bengaluru, 70% of elders said they had experienced abuse and misbehave in public places.
Text to HTML converter free online tool hosted by 4html.net.